If your month-end reporting process is not a source of pride, if it is in fact a frustrating time stressing out your accounting team and your budget-holders, help is at hand. David Parmenter has developed an in-house workshop that guarantees a payback in time savings many times the workshop cost.
Here are the facts:
An Iconic event centre in Sydney cut it month-end from over 12 days down to 3 days on their second month-end post the course
- Major Australian radio conglomerate cut from 8 to 2.5 days the next month-end’s reporting process
- A NZ government ministry is already on its journey to month-end reporting by working day 3.
- A NZ university has cut its month-end from 8 to 4 working days inside 2 month ends post the course
Here are some testimonials:
David hosted an in house session with our financial and management accountants to promote and plan for faster month end accounting. His enthusiasm quickly had everyone rolling up their sleeves and engaging in the process of identifying positive streamlining ideas and unnecessary month end tasks. With the benefits of an accelerated close well communicated, the team closed the session with detailed plans to implement within two months. Such was the team determination that two months later the accelerated plan was in place, trial balance on day 1, full management reports, including variance commentary and forecasts, by day 4.
Wayne Morgan, CFO Victoria University of Wellington
David facilitated meaningful discussion amongst the group and helped us generate our own ideas for improvement. We identified unnecessary tasks that we have been performing and ways in which we can efficiently obtain information from different sources. Our current practices and negativity were continually challenged and our minds were opened to believing that what seems impossible now is in fact possible. The training had a very practical and participatory feel. We walked out of the training with open minds, a practical plan and dedication to implementing Day 1 reporting and process improvement.
Kara Schliebs, Financial Controller, DMG Radio Australia Pty Ltd
I was fortunate enough to attend the ‘Quick month end’ workshop you presented at the Toyota National Accountants Conference 2011 in April. Your presentation had a profound effect on the way I approached a month end, not only was it engaging and enlightening but it was relevant and most changes could be actioned immediately.
As a result, I returned to work after the conference with a renewed sense of purpose, immediately won Director support and subsequently transformed our reporting timeframe around from workday 10-11 to day 2 within 1 week!!
I look forward to the prospect of attending another of your presentations in the future.
Sheila Melton, Accountant, Airport Toyota
If you are interested in getting your month-end reporting process down to day three, or if you are already at day three and want to shave-off another day or two, it would be worth running this workshop soon.
- email or ring me to confirm
- we will discuss your needs and I will tailor the one day workshop to meet these needs
- organise for all the accounting team to be present, a knowledgeable representative from other teams involved in month end such as payroll, IT, operations etc
- I prepare the presentations and workshop material (instructions, handouts)
- someone is assigned to be the workshop secretary to take down notes
- the workshop will be focused around making the month end reporting more efficient through exploring how organisations are reporting in short time frames (between working day one and day three). In addition it will cover ways to improve reporting and client management.
- during the workshop there will be many breakout sessions where teams will look at different aspects
- a focus will be getting participants to take on responsibility for actions in a group setting – this helps lock in commitment
- we need a venue away from the offices with data show, screen, lapel microphone if numbers are over 40,
Agenda for workshop delivered by David Parmenter
Date & Time:
Suggested attendees: All those involved in month-end including accounts payable, financial and management accountants, representatives from teams interface with month-end routines, e.g. Someone from IT, payroll etc)
Learning Outcomes: Attendees, after this workshop, will be able to:
Equipment: one laptop to every 5 attendees.
Administrator: one attendee to document all agreements made.
Event Organizers and Professional bodies
If this course is relevant to your clients / members, please complete the enquiry form or email to email@example.com.
Booking an in-house course
David Parmenter travels on at least five major speaking tours a year. It is highly likely that a mutually convenient date can be found.