Corporate accountants around the world have been making the same mistakes, year-in year-out. Why is it that we spend months on an annual planning process that we know is flawed? Why is it we spend many days preparing a monthly report that is informing management well and truly “after the horse has bolted”? Why do we produce a 30+ page finance report for the senior management team? Why do we budget at account code level?
With the economic downturn corporate accountants need to find more time to help their organisations in a more proactive way. This workshop will enlighten and encourage controllers, CFOs, management and financial accountants to avoid these major mistakes. This course is based on extracts from David Parmenter’s ground breaking book “Winning CFOs: Implementing and Applying Better Practices” which covers the better practices from ‘winning’ finance teams around the world.
The course will cover how to avoid the mistakes which include:
1. Having over 80 account codes for the P/L
2. Only forecasting to year-end
3. Breaking down the annual plan into twelve before the year starts
4. Giving budget holders an annual entitlement
5. Budgeting at account code level
6. Allowing month-end reporting to go past three working days
7. Producing numbing monthly financial reports
8. Reporting on the wrong performance measures
9. Not producing daily/ weekly decision based reports
10. Spending months on the annual accounts
Finance Director, CFO or Financial Controllers and all corporate accountants in all sectors. Consultants and practitioners who offer services to corporate accountants.
Benefits of attending:
Upon attending you will have a sound understanding of these mistakes and the next steps to circumnavigate around them.
Event Organizers and Professional bodies
If this course is relevant to your clients / members, please complete the enquiry form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking an in-house course
David Parmenter travels on at least five major speaking tours a year. It is highly likely that a mutually convenient date can be found.