This workshop is part of the “lean accounting” movement that is gaining momentum around the world. No longer can we lock the finance team into inefficient processes that limit the added value the finance team is contributing. Finance team around the world have freed up time from the accounting routines so they can be active business partners to management.
Organisations around the world are spending far too much time on month-end reporting where the real decision based reports are those issued daily and weekly. In other words telling management the horse has bolted after month-end is too late. David Parmenterhas presented this course successfully to over 2,000 attendees. It has had a profound impact across all sectors. If your month-end is slow this is a must attend course.
David states he has yet to find an organisation that cannot achieve day 3 reporting if they apply his methodology developed from the better practices of hundreds of fast reporting organisations.
David will explain that month end reporting by day one is being achieved by some leading organisations around the world. While day one reporting may not be a goal you wish to achieve, day three reporting may well be.
These 2 *90 min webinars are based on David Parmenter’s first section of his ground breaking book “The Financial Controllers and CFO’s Toolkit” which covers the better practices from “winning” finance teams around the world.
Around the world some exceptional corporate accountants have questioned the status quo and implemented practices that have revolutionised the value the corporate accounting team can generate. These successful corporate accountants spent more time in the 20% of issues that really matter and have been ruthless with the time the team spends on the 80% of issues that are less important. In other words they apply Pareto’s principle.
- Review case studies on quick month end reporting (day one and virtual closing)
- The twelve steps for quick month-end processes next month will be covered in detail including:
- The reporting rules within the finance team
- Ban spring cleaning at month end
- How to avoid high processing of AP invoices at month end
- How to avoid late month-end inter-company adjustments
- The steps to ensure an early closing of the accounts payable ledger ,accruals ,accounts receivables, capital expenditure and inventory
- The key tasks from 5pm last day to 5pm first working day
- The flash report of the expected month-end numbers at the end of day one
- The key tasks from 5pm first working day to the final report
- The ten steps that need to be taken in the next six months to get further efficiency gains
- Management accountants, and financial accountants who are involved in month-end reporting
- Finance directors, CFOs, financial controllers
- Practitioners who need to prepare timely month-end reports for their larger clients
Benefits of attending:
Upon attending you will have:
- complete your month-end by three working days
- recall course material that has already helped organisations slice weeks out of their month-end routines
- identify the appropriate better practices to speed up month-end routines
- apply a step-by-step implementation work programme
- run an in-house workshop to “post-it” re-engineer month-end processes
Event Organizers and Professional bodies
This course is now delivered via webinars. Please complete the enquiry form or email to email@example.com.
Booking an in-house course
David Parmenter is able to deliver webinars at short notice.