A simple guide to transform your finance team
The Financial Controller and CFO’s Toolkit (2016) is now available. It is the updated version of Pareto’s 80/20 Rule for Corporate Accountants (2007) and Winning CFOs (2011). The book is designed for senior financial managers who want to radically modernise their departments, make higher-value contributions to the organisation, and develop a reputation as an innovative leader of efficiency. This book is targeted at finance teams from small to multi-national organisations and is designed to walk you through seamless implementations. This book provides over 100 lean practice solutions from lean finance teams including:
- The key steps to selling and leading change effectively
- Rapid month-end results—inside three working days
- Templates for lean one-page reports (daily, weekly, and monthly examples)
- Agile methodologies for instant improved teamwork (Scrum, Kanban, Post-it Re-engineering, Kaizen)
- Ways to reduce accounts payable volume by 60%
- The seven 21st century technologies that will radically improve the finance team’s productivity
- Rapid annual accounts and annual plans
- Implementing quarterly rolling forecasting
- Getting your KPIs to work
- How to attract and recruit talent
- Practical insights from the paradigm shifters (Peter Drucker, Jim Collins, Jack Welch, John Kotter, Jeremy Hope)
This book will answer the following questions:
- What is a rolling forecast?
- What does a rolling 4,6 forecast mean?
- Why is Excel not appropriate for rolling forecasting and reporting?
- What is a fast close month end process?
- What are the steps for a fast close?
- What are the leading practices and priorities of the finance teams of the world’s best performing companies?
- What features should be in the finance function to meet tomorrow’s challenges?
- What do best in class finance functions do?
- How do I restructure my finance team?
- What tasks should I undertake to transform my finance team?
Web Based Toolkit and a selection of E-templates for Book Owners
This book comes with a ninety page web-based toolkit for book owners, as well as some free e-templates. Click the button below to access!
All templates in the book + additional PowerPoint presentations
Finance team leaders can purchase the electronic version of the book templates plus useful PowerPoint presentations from here.
The Word + Excel templates include:
- Draft letters and memos
- Rules for a bulletproof presentation
- A PowerPoint presentation checklist
- A finance team user satisfaction questionnaire template
- An over’s and under’s schedule and template
- Month-end reporting rules for the finance team
- A one page month-end flash report for the CEO
- Lists of technology software providers
- Over 20 finance team reporting templates
- One page month-end report to the CEO
- One page board dashboard
- One page investment proposal
- Weekly list of overdue projects
- One page annual plan for a business unit
- Sales forecasting template
- Travel and accommodation calculator template
- Re-engineering month-end workshop agenda
- Month-end cost template
- Annual planning cost template
- Year-end accounts cost template
- Value stream accounting templates
- Rolling forecasting timetable
- Annual planning timetable
- Rolling forecast one page report
- KPI report templates
- Cost of downsizing template
- 14 great interview questions
- A list of common operational success factors
- KPI team leader job description
Finance Team checklist
- Planning tool selection and implementation schedule
- Month-end reporting checklist
- Implementing technologies checklist
- Implementing a new general ledger checklist
- Reduce accounts payable checklist
- Lean reporting checklist
- Lean board reporting checklist
- Annual planning checklist
- Planning focus group agenda
- Annual planning workshop agenda
- Re-engineering instructions for annual planning
- Re-engineering instructions for year-end
- Invitation to post it re-engineering session
- Working smarter checklist
- Agenda for a finance team off-site meeting
- 15 week program to lock in good leadership habits
- Year-end reporting for the finance team
- Year-end accounting checklist
- Agenda for a quick year-end workshop
- Accounts receivable checklist
- Evaluation project team member’s checklist
- Implementing quarterly rolling forecasting checklist
- Performing a quarterly rolling forecasting checklist
- Planning tool supplier evaluation checklist
- Implementing KPIs checklist
- Developing winning KPIs checklist
- Performance pay scheme checklist
- Takeover or merger scorecard
- Reorganization checklist
The PowerPoint templates
- A strategy PowerPoint slide deck
- Selling KPIs in your organisation
- Selling quick month-end reporting
- Selling a quick annual planning process
- Selling the change from annual planning to rolling planning forecasting
David Parmenter’s whitepapers + e-templates
David’s intellectual property is constantly evolving and to access his up to the minute work it is best to purchase his extensive whitepapers. On notification of a purchase, David reviews the whitepapers, updating them, and then publishes. Ensuring that the reader receives his most up to date thinking. For more information, you can browse the whitepapers below.
- Moving to a lean finance function – A Journey Worth Making
- How to Implement Quarterly Rolling Forecasting and Quarterly Rolling Planning – and get it right first time
- How to Implement a Forecasting and Planning Tool – and get it right first time
- An Annual Plan in Two Weeks or Less
- Rapid month end reporting by day three or less and error free
- Quick Annual Reporting: Auditors sign off within 15 working days post year-end
- Reporting Informatively & Error Free – Decision Based Reporting Templates
- The twenty major mistakes corporate accountants make every year
- 20+ System Improvements for the Finance Team
This punchy and practical book is packed with ideas and suggestions about making your business more efficient and a happier place to work. David’s easy style makes this book a refreshing read, which will invigorate you to bring positive change to your business.