The senior finance managers, have been accused of not moving with the times. Simply managing the accounting and finances is now not enough. Management today is now demanding a different role from the corporate accountant. As the CFO or a person aspiring to be one it is imperative that you focus on this change. A major study found
“Leading finance professionals are taking on new roles that add greater value to their business. These CFOs do not work in a finance “silo” but work with other professionals in, for example, strategy, marketing, operations and logistics, providing business leadership to and partnership with other business professionals.”
These 6*90 min webinars are based on David Parmenter’s ground breaking book “The Financial Controllers and CFO’s Toolkit” which covers the better practices from “winning” finance teams around the world.
Around the world some exceptional corporate accountants have questioned the status quo and implemented practices that have revolutionised the value the corporate accounting team can generate. These successful corporate accountants spent more time in the 20% of issues that really matter and have been ruthless with the time the team spends on the 80% of issues that are less important. In other words they apply Pareto’s principle.
- Finance directors, CFOs, financial controllers
- Management and financial accountants
- Practitioners who act as a CFO for their SME clients.
The webinars will cover:
Mastering the soft skills
- How to minimize your own personal baggage that will impede your progress
- How to sell change to the CEO, SMT and the directors and get them on board every time
- How to find a mentor to get you to the top and help you stay there
- Selling yourself to the organisation and to the wider market
- How to have a happy and productive Finance team (including cutting edge team building techniques)
- Working smarter not harder
- Marketing the finance team
- Managing a career and life balance – attendees will share suggestions that work
Making the finance team efficient
- Fast monthly (within 3 working days or less) and annual reporting (signed audited opinion within 3 weeks of year-end)
- Technology that your finance team need to master (planning, reporting, maximizing your organization’s intranet)
- 21st century techniques your finance staff should be implementing (21st century accounts payable systems, rolling forecasting, fast annual plans etc)
- Daily and weekly reporting that will make a difference
- Turning reports into a decision based document (inc. one page summary A3 report to the CEO, concise financials, brief business unit reports, a one page investment proposal summary etc)
- Working with winning KPIs
- Reporting to the Board (including a one page dashboard)
Working on strategic issues
- How to find your organizations CSFs
- How to align everyday work to the organization’s strategy
- The Toyota business principles, that give Toyota a 15 year advantage
The accountant as a serving leader
- The five foundations stones of leadership
- The twelve leadership traits to master
- Lessons from great leaders
- A new model in ‘servant leadership’ that over a 13 week period will bear fruit
- Creating winning personal habits
- Creating winning work habits
Areas where costly mistakes can be made
- The initiatives that can lose stakeholder value- quickly
- The major waste CFO preside over and how to fix it
- The top twenty mistakes corporate accountants make, year-in year-out
- CFOs, Financial Controllers and Finance Directors
- Management accountants and financial accountants whose next position will be a the CFO /Financial Controller.
Benefits of attending:
Upon attending you will able to:
- Explain the shifting role of the CFO
- Describe the soft skills that the CFO of the future will need
- Identify ways to improve your business leadership to and partnership with other business professionals within their organisation
- Identify the skill gaps you may wish to close with the help of mentors
- Implement the course templates from the free electronic media given to all attendees
Benefits of attending
Upon attending you will be able to:
- apply the lean concepts to your accounting function
- commence changing the major ineffective processes finance teams commonly use
- redesign your report formats that will make a difference to management based on the case studies covered in the course
- cut days out of your month-end processes – immediately
- complete fast forecasts and plans
- review, at your leisure, the comprehensive white paper with electronic media valued at NZ$250.
Event Organizers and Professional bodies
This course is now delivered via webinars. Please complete the enquiry form.
Booking an in-house course
If you have over eight staff that would benefit from this course, it is financially viably to run this in-house webinar. Please complete the enquiry form.
David Parmenter is able to deliver webinars at short notice.